Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Motorpacing

Well, I continue to be delighted with my cycling progress. I had another terrific 28ish last night. Fortunately for me, Dale is more observant than me, and I have learned to listen to her and trust her. Heading out last night, I grabbed my wind vest thinking that would suffice. Dale strongly suggested bringing along a long-sleeve jersey as well. I though that her Be-All-To-End-All iF’ingPhone was off on the temperature and I did not need the jersey. I grabbed one and stuffed it into one of my pockets and thanked my lucky stars that I married so well when I was descending out of the hills at 8:00 PM with the evening fog rolling in!

Out in the valley of Redwood Road I picked up a great “motor pace” from a pickup truck with a camper shell. Hammering through the valley at about 35 MPH tucked into the slip-stream of the truck was great. A tennis-ball chasing pointer/terrier/Australian Sheppard/whatever dog was keeping a close watch with great interest out the back window of the camper shell. The driver kept a steady pace, unwavering through the turns. When ready to pull over at a park entrance to run the dog, the driver signaled well before braking at all and I pulled back right away, waiving a big “thank you” as I passed.



28 miles, 2,500 vertical feet, 2:05 ride time, 13.2 mph average

No comments:

Post a Comment