Saturday, June 5, 2010

Life is Good on my Redwood Rd. 40

I returned to one of my favorite loops today, what I call the Redwood Rd. 40. After the fairly hard rides earlier this week and the quite warm temperatures today, I rode fairly conservatively. It was just great. The only real notables included a spider catching a lift on my handle-bars for a bit; that ended with an angry spider with road-rash flipping me off. The other noteworthy point occurred climbing the very last short little climb up to the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park. Previously at this point, I whined my way up in my lowest gear: 32 inches. Today, I approached more of a sprint in a 50 inch gear. At my peak, I could sprint the hill in a 72 but that was long ago and I do not expect to do that again. This felt very good today.

40 miles, 3,000 vertical feet of climbing, 3 hours, averaging 13.5 MPH.

2 comments: