Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rode a lovely 40 miles today.

The weather was perfect: too perfect to let pass. Sure we have too much to do in too little time but we've been productive in clearing out, financial planning, and investigating driving a 16 ft. truck of our stuff and towing the Prius.



Mapmystupidride.com puts this ride at almost 40 miles with 2,874 vertical feet of climbing. I've not ridden this loop in a long time. I used to ride it a good bit in 1988 when I was preparing for the Ironman. It has several places to cut off and make it shorter if I am not up to it, and it passes 2 BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) stations later in the ride if I really do not feel up to it. Back then I usually crossed the Berkeley Hills at the end which brought the miles to 50 and increased the climbing another 600 vertical feet.


1 comment:

  1. Try ridewithgps.com. It's less annoying and more accurate with the elevations.

    ReplyDelete