Saturday, February 26, 2011

So, I’m off to “The Great White Way”: Broadway, New York City.

As you may already know, Dale accepted CUNY’s admission to the PhD program in English. The first day of classes will be our wedding anniversary: August 26.

“Gee, if only we could get some kind of sign that this is the right thing to do!”

Ya think?! We are so psyched! Dale has been fighting with ETS and applying to programs for at least five years and she is finally accepted into the best fitting program with the greatest breadth, depth, and engaging faculty to which she ever applied.

“Oh wonderful!! Oh No!!”

We’ve lived in the same place for over thirty years and we will move over 3,000 miles. I’ll find a job, we’ll find a place to live and garage the Love Van, move a library, piano, five bicycles, four surfboards, a serious tool box, and then some in six months.

Philip Henslowe: Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.
Hugh Fennyman: So what do we do?
Philip Henslowe: Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
Hugh Fennyman: How?
Philip Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.

Stay tuned! This should be an interesting adventure and hopefully, I will continue to bicycle a bit.

3 comments:

  1. No to worry -- Tom Stoppard knows what he's talking about! It will all work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIVE bicycles? I was going to offer to house them at my place, with my fleet of five, but I thought y'all only had two...

    Tell ya what. Put them in the Love Van and we'll put the Love Van in my garage. Two problems solved, and it forces you to come down my way to ride.

    ReplyDelete